Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Little Green for St. Patty's Day

This year, I had absolutely no interest in starting seeds indoors.  It ebbs and flows - one year I will be all into it, and the next, I don't even want to think about.  I'm sure I would be more excited about it if we had a good space for that sort of activity.  Growing them on the loft again isn't too practical this year, since that's the area I now stumble through in the middle of the night on my way to feed Bruce.  (Someday I will write about my grand plan to build a greenhouse/guesthouse ... it would be fantastic!)

Gage, on the other hand, already has a mini-garden started in the safe room.  He has quite a variety from peppers to a few tomatoes, some herbs, and seen here - Chinese cabbage.  I can't even begin to tell you how HUGE our garden is going to be this year.  To tell you the truth, I haven't even walked back to see the vast area Gage tilled up just recently.  Just what I can see from the kitchen window scares me. 

Gage and I sat down a few weekends ago and compiled all of the seeds we had bought.  Yikes.  We probably should have communicated a little better about what we wanted to plant BEFORE we each bought our own seeds. 

It's going to be huge.  If anyone wants veggies this year, you know where to find us.



3 comments:

Sara Shaffer said...

Let me know when your veggies are ready! We may just have to make a trip to your house to see you all, meet Bruce and get some of those great veggies. You'll have to teach me someday how to make a great garden and keep it going!

laura mcpherson said...

You really impress me with your green thumb :) I would LOVE veggies and would love to have a garden, but it would not be good! We got a tiny seed in a dixie cup from church a few weeks ago, and I can't even get that to grow! It's got a tiny sprout, but I'm sure it should be much more by now! HA!

Are you going to be at the Farmer's market this year?!?! I want some of your veggies!!

Anonymous said...

Alright Stoots, I know you're incredibly busy these days, but you have to realize there are those of us who only know Bruce through your photos on this blog. WE NEED AN UPDATE! Eric wants to laugh at more Bruce facial expressions, and I need to make some baby sounds that, formerly, only my beagles have elicited from me.