Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pregnancy Trials

Since it has been weeks since my last post, I thought I owed to to everyone to explain why I have been so absent from the computer lately.  In the past month, my hands have become so swollen that I have developed carpal tunnel symdrome making it extremely difficult to type or do much of anything with my hands (I had trouble opening a box of cereal this morning.  And you should see what this post would look like without the backspace key! .... completely illegilble.)  In any case, I thought I would give it a go this morning - ignoring the numbness/throbbing in my hands - to catch everyone up on what has been happening lately.

Really, what we've mostly been doing is ... waiting. Waiting for our little boy to arrive.  Tomorrow is my due date, and I have a doctor's appointment at noon today to see if they will induce (my doctor started talking about that last week).  I will try to post an update later today with "the plan" (can there ever really be a "plan" when it comes to labor?)

Other than waiting, we have been occupying our time with Christmas decorating, visits to and from family, and getting last minute projects done around the house.

 

Gage and I went in search of a Christmas tree on Sunday and found a beautiful one at a Christmas tree farm outside of Rose Hill.  Gage wanted a big tree.  So we got a big tree.  :)  It was great to have time this past week/weekend to get projects done around the house.  I think I have definitly hit the "nesting" stage of pregnancy.  I have organized the pantry, closets, laundry room ... you name it, I've done it! 

The weekend before, we were SO blessed to have Mom, Libby and the kids come stay for the weekend.  Libby cooked feasts for us and froze a bunch of casseroles for later.  Mom cleaned for me, and they both helped me put away my fall decorations and decorate for Christmas.  Plus, I got to see my Kalo and Maggie - heaven!  It was a fabulous weekend, but of course I wasn't the one working.  :)  Mom and Libby, I hope you guys weren't too worn out after being here!





2 comments:

Sara Shaffer said...

Thanks for posting an update. I have been wondering how things have been. I keep checking to see if your blog or Libby's has been updated with baby news! Praying your appointment goes well this afternoon and can't wait to hear what he says. Praying for you as you prepare to bring your little one into the world!

Also, your house looks great! Love the Christmas decorations! Love you!

Rhonda said...

Oh I am thinking of YOU!!!!

And I so LOVE the pics ! And soon a new little one to add!