Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Waiting Game

No news yet!  At my appointment yesterday, my doctor said that this week she would leave it up to Gage and I whether or not I should be induced.  After much praying and soul-searching, we have decided to wait ... to not rush our little boy, and see if he will come on his own.  It's wonderful how much peace I have with this decision.  Gage convinced me to spend my time this week resting and just taking care of our little boy.  I am so thankful to have a wise husband.  I feel more relaxed and calm today than I have in weeks. 

So, I am home ... fire stoked, dog at my feet, good book to read, and baby in my belly.  I am to make an appointment with my doctor again on Monday, at which time I will be scheduled for an induction.  Maybe we won't have to wait that long ... 

7 comments:

Stephannie DeLong said...

Glad to hear that you are at least getting to rest. We will be eagerly awaiting Peanut's arrival!
Emma can't wait to meet him :)

Sara Shaffer said...

We will be praying that Peanut decides to make his arrival on his own. I am glad that you feel peace about your decision and pray that you get lots of rest this week. Love you!

Libby said...

thinking of you today - wish we were there to wait with you but then that probably wouldn't be very restful, especially with maggie around - the little stinker - I love the picture of her climbing in the background - perfect!! xxoo

laura mcpherson said...

I have been thinking about you :) So glad to hear that you're at home resting! I was off for a week before I had Barrett. Not that I wasn't ready for him to come, but I was so thankful to have that one last week just to myself to relax and prepare. Your world will forever be changed {for the better} once your little guy comes!

Can't wait to hear!

Randa said...

There is a pretty full moon out tonight...maybe with all that relaxing and the full moon little boy will be ready to meet his momma! Good luck and enjoy the rest!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear you are resting! He is worth waiting for, but hopefully he will arrive soon! Can't wait to meet him. :)

Abby

Rhonda said...

Thinking of all of you!