Monday, May 13, 2013

What I wanted for Mother's Day

It's a sad commentary on state of the drought (and probably on our personal priorities over the past few summers, too ... can we say "work too much?) that our son had never been kayaking.  That's right ... as in NEVER.  Of course last year, this pond was dry.  Totally and completely dry.  It has been almost a year since the creeks around our house have had running water in them.  So now that we have had a little rain, I decided all I wanted to do for mother's day was take my son kayaking!  

Or rather have him go kayaking with Gage, as I decided it was a bad idea for me to have a wiggly 3-year-old in my boat, as my balance is already bad!

Of course he loved it ...


... but probably not as much as he loved throwing rocks in Papa's pond.  What is it with little boys and throwing rocks???


I'm thinking we are going to have to make more time for kayaking in the next few months ... good times!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

So cute!

Don Hineman said...

Chucking rocks is one of life's great pleasures for boys of all ages. Wish I was there to chuck a few with him! - Papa Don