Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Gardening Season Begins


And so it goes ....

That our house is full of soon-to-be seedlings.





Didn't I say last year that it would be awesome this spring when our greenhouse was done and I didn't have to sacrifice my kitchen table to plants for months at a time?

Well, I think we are almost there ... but not quite.  We are just getting ready to have electricity hooked up to the greenhouse, so we can regulate the temperature a little more.  Right now, it gets too hot during the day for seedlings (hence the need for electricity ... and a fan), and too cold at night.  Gage has installed a pellet stove to keep it toasty at night, but it might take us a bit to figure out how to regulate the temperature.

Until them ... seedlings in the house.  I could sure be worse.  :)

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

you always get me excited for gardening, but in a SMALL style... Mmmmm and it just sounds so delicious, like your tomato jam! Be sure and ask Kalo what "toaster rollers" are... haha
Hope you are feeling great!!!