Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bloggers Block

I have come to the conclusion that I have been suffering from "bloggers block."  I have been having trouble coming up with things to blog about, thinking that what I write about needs to be big, important.  

But, I write best, when I focus on the simple things in life, the things that make me happiest, things that make our family "us."  So, I have started what I call a "Simplicity Project."  For the past few weeks, I have been more intentional about taking pictures of simple joys in our life that I often take for granted.  I hope to do a good job of sharing these things here.


Simplicity Project Pic #1: A shelf on our pantry, full of yummy things from our summer garden.  This past summer, I was more intentional about canning recipes that are meals, instead of just snacks.  So this year, in addition to the usual salsa, jalapeno jelly, and pickles, we have roasted garlic pasta sauce, tomato soup (thanks for the recipe, Sarah Koehn!), and bruschetta.  It has been a true joy to be able to go to the pantry in the middle of winter for a meal from our garden!  Next summer - TWICE as much pasta sauce!  

(Yummiest when eaten with some of our stored spaghetti squash, instead of on actual pasta ... and healthier, too!) 

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

so true about the blogging.. and really just a great tool for documenting your life as when or where else can you do so fast, ha! I love your shelves... mmmm I want to venture into some canning, but kinda don't want to work hard and never have done, soooo scares me a little too... as only freeze... cept for some salsa.. Congratulations by the way!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

It all looks Great!
Homemade pasta sauce. YUM!

I think the same way when it comes to blogging...but you are right, it doesn't have to be flashy...I enjoyed your simplicity post!

Unknown said...

Awwww....you're very welcome for the recipe!