Monday, February 15, 2010

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Today is my last day of maternity leave.  *sigh*  I have been SO blessed to have had such a long time at home with Bruce.  We've had so much snuggle time, play time, mommy-and-Bruce time.  It's going to be so hard to go back to work tomorrow.

(Sunday nap)


While I've had lots of wonderful time with Bruce, I have also gotten lots done while I have been home.  Mom came to stay about a month ago, and while she was here, I got some much needed deep cleaning done.  I deep cleaned the entire kitchen, the attic and my closet.  Here are the before and after pictures in the back-attic part of our closet:


Some day we want to build shelves back here, but for now this is a huge improvement!


Gage and I FINALLY got the drawer pulls and handles on our kitchen cabinets.  It looks so good!


I repainted and decorated Bruce's room.  While I was pregnant, I picked out a neutral, khaki color for his room and Gage painted for me.  Problem was, once it was done, I hated it.  :)  This time I painted it a cheery blue.  Emily and I are working on artwork to go in the frames.


I also enjoyed spending time on some of my hobbies.  I have been knitting, which included finishing this sweater for Bruce.  I have also be plugging away at our wedding scrapbook.  All in all, our house is much more in order than it ever has been - such a good feeling!


This past weekend, we had some great "family time" together.  We invited some friends for dinner on Saturday, and yesterday for Valentine's Day, I made beef bourguignon for dinner and chocolate fondue for dessert!  Yum yum!


The beef bourguignon was the most intense recipe I have ever made.  I'm not ashamed to admit that this is often what my kitchen looks like when I am in the midst of cooking.  It's not fun if you don't make a mess, right?  :)


That's all for now!  I'm off to spend my last "free" evening with my husband and son.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Bruce looks so much older already! What great things you have accomplished. I love the pics and your story telling! Think of you often!

Libby said...

thinking of you today! am up worrying about a patient and looking at Bruce is getting my mind off it - WE HAVE TO SEE HIM SOON!! I can't stand it anymore and he's changed soooo much!!

Libby said...

BTW - Love, love, love, love the nursery color. Perfecto!!!

Sara Shaffer said...

rPraying that your first day back to work wasn't too bad. Loved seeing the pictures!

Sara Shaffer said...

Forgot to say I like the nursey!