Monday, October 5, 2009

Overwhelmed (in a good way!)


It's hard for me to sum up all of the emotions from this past weekend - my first baby shower weekend.  The best word I could come up with was simply overwhelmed by the love, kindness and grace of all of our family and friends.  Libby and Alison planned a beautiful shower and I was blessed that so many wonderful friends and family were able to come -  from in town, across the state and even out of state!  Whenever I get to spend a weekend with my family, I am always just blown away by how incredibly blessed I am to have such an amazing family.  We talked and laughed and ate and shared stories ... and always, always enjoy each other's company!     

I was thinking this morning about God's grace.  The dictionary defines God's grace as: the free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God.  It got me thinking about how the way we get a taste of that grace here on earth is through family.  So much love and kindness (that is so undeserved!) can only come from family! 
Below is the result of some of that amazing grace.  Peanut's Aunt Joy had all of the women in Gage and my family create a square for an ABC quilt, and then she and Diana put the quilt together.  As you can see, the result is stunning ... each square made with love and thoughtfulness.  This is such a precious gift - one we and our little boy will always treasure! 


Libby and Alison did so many thoughtful things for the shower.  One of my favorite is this little scrapbook/journal.  Each person at the shower picked a letter and then wrote a little something to me or to Peanut using that letter.  Every single entry is truly touching.  I want to go read them again right now!  Thanks girls, for such an amazing shower! 



And of course, no family weekend is complete without the kiddos!  Who are these funny people?  :) 


Maggie is such a ball of fire.  She routinely cracks herself up.  :)



It is always SO hard to let them go home.  Once again, our house seems so quiet, too quiet ...


Love this face!


And this face!

Can't wait for the next family weekend!

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I've been waiting to see how all went! Sounds like it was wonderful and I love those little faces... what a hoot!

LexyMae said...

I ditto to my mom :) Both Kalo and Maggie's giggles and smiles just warm your heart. I know that "Peanut" will also have a wonderful giggle and smile to melt your heart :D Congrats - and can't wait to see some pictures of peanut!!!

Sara Shaffer said...

It was so good to see you and be able to be a part of your special day. You look really good. We are praying that your next 8 weeks go smoothly! Can't wait to see "Peanut" and meet him. Love you!