Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend and Big News

We had such a fun, full weekend for Memorial Day! Andy, Libby, Kalo and Maggie flew in on Friday to spend the weekend. What fun we had kayaking, eating smores, fishing, and playing to our hearts' content! Leevi also brought his boys down to camp for a few nights - what fun! Our house just seems so empty now ... our house wasn't made to be neat and clean, as it is most of the time right now. It is made to have toys strewn about, sandy, muddy shoes on the porch and happy kids running all around ... ... which leads to my big news. :) We're going to be adding another Werner to the family later this year! Our baby is due December 2nd, and we couldn't be more excited! Everything seems to be going smoothly so far. I am just into my second trimester, and we heard the baby's heartbeat a few weeks ago, which was amazing. I haven't been sick at all, just tired. I took two loooong naps yesterday afternoon. :) Emily is very excited about having a new baby brother or sister, and we are all anxious for our little peanut to be here! Now for a few pics of our weekend fun! (I'm pretty sure I used Libby's camera more than my own, so I didn't have many to choose from here ... yes I do have camera envy!) Kayaking down Timber Creek ... Emily did so great! Peanut's first kayak trip! ... boy that lifejacket won't fit much longer! Being silly! Maggie ... too cute! S'mores - YUM! Playing with the new puppy. Things have been sooo crazy these past few weeks that I didn't even get to post pictures of Ellie when she joined our family. She is half lab, half golden retriever and so cute! She already brings much joy to our lives! We had promised Emily we would get a puppy once the house was built. I'm not sure which she is more excited about right now - the new puppy, or a new brother or sister. :)

4 comments:

Sara Shaffer said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you on your pregnancy. Your little one is blessed to have you and Gage as his/her parents! Praying all continues to goes well! Love you!

Rhonda said...

Oh how exciting for you all! I love the pics. It looks like lots of fun at Aunt Sara's!!!

Jan said...

Oh my gosh Sarah, congratulations to you and Gage. I am so excited for you guys. I know Don and Bets are excited too. A December baby, how exciting. I have been watching your blog and love to see your pics and your garden. congratulations on the new puppy too. What's it's name?
Love Aunt Jan

Randa said...

Congratulations!! I thought I was keeping up on your blog...I guess not! :) So exciting for all of you!! Take care and December 9th is a great day! :) HA!

I love to see all of your pretty flowers and gardening, your child is already blessed with such an awesome adventurous mom!!

Take Care,
Randa