Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ice Storm

Crazy Kansas weather! In one week's time we have gone from tornados and hail to ice and blizzards to 65 degrees and sunny and back to thunderstorms again last night!! We fared the ice storm pretty well - we had power the whole time, which is more than we can say for most folks in the area. Bernice - our 93-year-old neighbor - is staying with us intil her power comes back on. (Yes, she is 93 and lives by herself in the country ... she's pretty amazing!) Even though the ice shut things down for a few days, it was quite beautiful ... This is Gage's favorite view of the house ... he loves the exposed roots on this old oak tree. Koda didn't mind the ice and snow a bit! Poor daffodils!

I did manage to bring in some tulips and grape hyacinth before the storm hit. They certainly brightened the kitchen!

2 comments:

Sara Shaffer said...

I love the pictures of your house with all the white. Great pics! Glad you still had power.

Jan said...

Sarah: I finally figured out to respond to your blog. I love your pictures and finding out whats going on in your life. Have you got your garden in yet and what all are you planting. I am trying to start a little garden, peppers and tomatoes, herbs mainly. I will send pics of my flowers when they get bigger. My hostas came back from last year and I am so happy. Post more pics and let me know what you and Gage are up to. I love your blog. Aunt Jan