Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bye-Bye Camper

You may recall, in one of my very first posts I shared with you about purchasing a camper to be our "headquarters" during our build. In truth, we actually lived in the camper more than we lived at Roger's last spring, summer and fall. I loved that camper. I hated that camper. And now it is gone ... On St. Patrick's Day, we sold our camper to some friends of ours. It all happened suddenly, which was great, but crazy. Gage and I had just started talking about what we needed to do to get the camper ready to sell. I went out Saturday afternoon and deep cleaned the sucker. Saturday evening, Jeff and Dovie showed up and said they wanted to buy our camper. Just like that. Like it was meant to be. Strange how your feelings about something can change so quickly. Looking at it through new eyes after I cleaned it I thought, "What a great little camper. We should definitly camp out here sometime this spring. Maybe we shouldn't sell it." When just back in October, sitting in the cramped, dirty, musty, leaking camper, I didn't think I could hate anything more than I hated that camper. C'est la vie, right? Above is the happy little camper last mother's day. Imagine how blown away Gage's family will be when we can host get togethers in an actual house ... not just on our camper's "porch". :) Here is the empty spot where our camper used to sit! So great! So strange! We actually now have a view from our front porch, and we can watch Emily playing in her tree house. Emily was with us on Monday for spring break. Good day to catch lady bugs. :)

No comments: