Friday, May 2, 2008

Ground Breaking!

It's begun! On Wednesday (our anniversary!), here is what we saw!


Just holes in the ground. But by the end of the day on day 2, they had the entire center section constructed! (top picture) When I drove out after work and saw what is going to be our house, I literally almost started crying. You've heard of tree huggers? - I'm I house hugger. That's right - I hugged my house. :)


It rained a half inch last night, but the crew was still out at 7 am this morning. They told Gage and entire frame should take about a week, if the weather cooperates. After that, our plumber will come in and rough in the plumbing, then our concrete crew will come in and pour the foundation. After that, Vance's crew will come back and put on the siding and roofing.

I almost can't believe it is finally happening! Here are some more pictures!


Here is the view from the back yard. :)

Another view from the back!



The view from the front - coming up the drive!


2 comments:

Libby said...

Wowser! I can't believe it is finally here - so happy for you guys!

The Werners said...

Thanks Lib! Hope you guys can come for a stay later this year!